THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Monday, January 2, 2023

On My Way.......687


......but not without a visit from the frog!!! I kept miscounting on one of the flowers and since they are mirror images, I had to correct it. The chart calls for two strands of silk, over two, on a 30 ct fabric. I stuck with the two strands on the 32 ct fabric I'm using. I have gotten so used to only using one strand, this seems very "plump"! But I am liking the coverage and decided to stick with it.

 I FFO'd my Embroidery Advent calendar...a simple matter of painting an hoop red and adding a bow and trinket. This was a SAL on IG with Pick and Stitch. It turned out pretty cute, don't ya think??

 

I found another cute embroidery advent calendar that I'm saving for next year (if I can remember). I'm sharing the link here in case anyone is interested. I found it fun to do a variety of stitches on the one I did this year. This one is a little more involved, but I do love trees!!!

AdvenTrees2022

Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship! 

Stasi
 

4 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean about being used to stitching with one thread mast of the time and then going to two. I've not stitched with two for ages but I am with Celtic Autumn and I keep forgetting....what am I like! I love the little Advent for next year and I've downloaded it, so will stitch along with you. I can't remember the last time I embroidered anything. Happy Stitching! Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your finished Advent piece looks fabulous, Stasi. Well done! The flowers are looking good. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I start stitching using 2 threads, I don't pay attention & will thread my needle with 1 strand & keep stitching, only to wonder why it's looking so different! :)
    We get so used to only 1 thread.
    Very nice projects.
    How do you like that hoop?
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely flowers, there should have been no frogs allowed!
    Your Embroidery Advent calendar turned out beautifully and the trees will be fun for next year.

    ReplyDelete