THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Monday, March 13, 2023

Rainy Days and Mondays......


 I woke up yesterday morning and the weather app on my phone said it was flurrying. Alas, that was not the case...not one flurry!!! I still have my snowman wreath on the front door hoping he will bring some white stuff, but his days are numbered.

I remembered one thing I did bring home from Market, one of Needlework Press's paper kits. It came with the felt, seam binding and instructions, as well as some nice alphabet and ephemera papers. I may change out the seam binding and have been printing out Vickie's 'Word of the Week" on FB. She had them stitched and resting inside the folio...so sweet!

 

A friend of a friend was selling her One Nation by Sampler Not Forgotten  club kit, not sure what club it was, and I was able to but it from her.



I did succumb to the jewelry box frenzy from Target while away...we managed to find three, so Sally, Sara and I all got one. I am going to do a bee theme and can't wait to get started on it.

 My friend, Lisa, made me this project bag for St. Patrick's Day. I love the fabric and the zipper pull she added!

 

I wanted to let you know about a tip I learned, from Sara, when stitching on one of those mesh bags. It is easier to stitch with the bag and chart upside down. Your hand will reach in much better. It took a bit of a learning curve but eventually my brain handled it.  I also use the sewing method as much as possible, so my hand can remain on the outside of the bag.

Hope you are off to a good week! Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of  friendship!

Stasi


4 comments:

  1. Love the patriotic kit that you got, Stasi! And I can't wait to see your bee themed stitching box. I haven't succombed to the Target jewelry box craze and probably won't as I am not one for lots of stitching extras. I don't use anything except my needles, fabric, threads, scissors, and a ruler :) I guess I'm a minimalist stitcher! But, never say never--I might cave after seeing yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your One Nation kit is fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The paper projects looks interesting.
    I'm glad they released One Nation at Market.
    Glad you got the kit!
    Love that Shamrock bag.
    We have a had a dusting of snow the last 3 nights.
    Sunday it turned into hail.
    The Robins & waterfowl are all confused.
    I'm done!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Snowman has made me smile!! The Needlework Press kit looks interesting. I've not really played with paper and ink for around ten years now, in fact I have just had a destash scrapbook paper I still have., Happy Stitching! Sue
    x

    ReplyDelete