THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Friday, March 10, 2023

Home and Ready for a Post......Finally


 I figure by now you have all seen the shops and designers reviews on the Nashville Market. I had a wonderful time seeing all the new releases in person and reconnecting with old friends, who are getting fewer and fewer.


Some of the designers banners--each room on 4 floors of the hotel had a different designer/vendor in them

I gave Sara my  list of items I wanted, but sadly don't have photos of those at this time. I will be picking up my order at the end of the month when I go to Salty Yarns for my Catherine Theron class. However, here are the items I requested:

Be a Friend  Needlework Press

October House
Snip
Itch to Stitch

Hands on Design
Polar Plunge (all three) plus backing boards

JBW. Stitching in the Round

Erica Michaels
Quilting ABC’s
Mary Briggs 1806

Praiseworthy Stitches Bee Pinball

 I was most excited about the above, but there was so much more I would love to have...but...you gotta be realistic at some point...right?

We did visit two quilt shops and I got some fun fat quarters.... 

 

Sally gifted me these from one of the quilt shops...how cute!!!  Thanks Sal!
 


I did some stitching on the ride out and back--we take two days to do it...Santa on the drive out and Queen on the way back.


 

While there in Franklin I had my magnifying lamp so I worked on, and finished, this:

Here is my Book of Days for February:


If you saw my last post, you know I had to turn right around and go to my parents to help prepare for their upcoming move to an independent living facility. I hate to use the word "facility" as it sounds clinical and this place is more like a lovely hotel. Anyhow, we got the papers signed, figured out the financials and just kept trying to calm them down. It is happening fast, but we figured it would. But, at 91 and 95, they are flustered and worried. We will have a lot to do to pack them up, clean out the house and put it up for sale. I sent an e-mail out to family to come and get whatever they may like that isn't going with my parents. I will luckily be getting a china cabinet, that was my grandmothers, to expand my ever growing needlework collection. 

We are going to an evening of films from the Banff Film Festival tonight and tomorrow night. We always enjoy when this event comes to town. I am tired and think I may just lay down now for a nap so I can stay awake tonight. :)

Thanks so much for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi

5 comments:

  1. I also liked JBW. Stitching in the Round, but only purchased her pink bird sampler. You got quite a bit of stitching done. God bless you and your parents during this stressful time. I hope things go well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a good time.
    That must be a blast to go.
    I saw that a lot of the most popular designers weren't going to be there. :(
    You have some great stash coming.
    There's "few" things that caught my eye. :)
    Cute stitching!
    I hope your parents' move goes well.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed your photos from market along with the projects your worked on, Stasi. It looks like you had a wonderful time. Praying for a smooth move and transition for your parents. Hope you enjoyed the film festival! Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you need to re-charge your batteries. Just reading about all you have ben up to is making me tired! I have been very good and only per-ordered one Jeanette Douglas chart (My Sewing Box) but I'm sure I will get some others a little later.....it would be rude not to, after all, lol. Happy Stitching! Sue
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Stasi... my heart goes out to you. Having been in this exact position with my parents about 12 years ago was so hard. It sounds like the same sort of facility as my mom was in--a very nice place to spend those final years. I'm glad they will be in a safer environment with help nearby if they need it. Hoping they transition well and you can rest easy! ♥

    ReplyDelete