THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Wednesday, February 8, 2017

A Beachy finish and Strolling (39)

I have to start off by sharing a recent finish, but first a little back story. I was not able to attend Salty Yarn's Jamboree this past October due to my daughter's wedding. So I missed out on three wonderful classes. But a few weeks after the event I saw an attendee selling her kit from one of the classes on FB. Lucky for me I recognized and "me pleased" it right away! The project is Park it Here by Noteworthy Needle and it is adorable. I so enjoyed stitching these bright vibrant colors during the winter months  (at least the little bit of winter we've had o far) and constructing all the smalls. So, without further ado, here it is!!!

The complete set
The beach chair and pillow

Surfboard Scissor holder with Fob and Beach ball Pincushion
 The band around the pincushion says "having a ball".
Tote Bag, Beach towel and waxer

Reverse of scissor holder and fob
 All these items were included with the kit except the waxer and turtle charm. I substituted the charm( in honor of a dear friend) instead of using the suggested seashell and made the waxer out of a pair of earrings I found at Hobby Lobby. I'm so tickled with this set!!!

Now, onto my stroll piece--you guessed it--H! Aren't these fun?


 I have to say something about this crazy weather....high of 72 today....in the 40's the next few days and back to 75 by Sunday---what a roller coaster of temps! So, enjoy this capricious whim while you can!

Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi 

3 comments:

  1. What a very cool looking beaching set! I wonder where they got the frame for the beach chair. Reminds me of summers spent at the beach in Connecticut. H is cute! Enjoy the rest of your day, Stasi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! That beach set is so adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this design and have it in my rotation to start.... someday! Hopefully soon! Hugs, Stasi!

    ReplyDelete