THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Friday, June 2, 2023

Sunshine on My Shoulder........703

 

 

Yes, I might have a little John Denver thing going on....one of my favorite singers. The sun is supposed to shine all today after almost a week of on again off again rain and sun. I'm starting today with a finish finish, since the recipient has received it. This is Sampler Scissor Box by Fancy Work. It was stitched on 32 ct White Chocolate linen with Gloriana silks. I finished it as a pincushion in a Sudberry base.



 Next up is the finished stitching on Be A Friend by Needlework Press. I just love this sweet piece! Now to frame!


 Last, but not least is my start on my Summer Camp project for June, The Sowing Sampler by Notforgotten Farm.
This is going fast but I kind of wish I had done it over one.
 

 

That's it for today...have a great weekend...hope you can enjoy some beautiful weather. Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi

5 comments:

  1. The Sowing Sampler is looking good, Stasi. Refresh my memory...what fabric are you using? Be A Friend is a beauty. Can't wait to see it framed! Sampler Scissor Box is stunning and even prettier in person. Enjoy the sunshine and your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Stasi: I am so happy you are having sunshine we are having rain much needed here.
    Love the Sampler Scissor Box so adorable. I also like the Be A friend such a pretty design, nice progress on The Sowing Sampler.
    Have a great weekend.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finishes.
    The Camp piece is coming along nicely.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm way behind with blog reading due to Mister B's visit! Boy, do I keep busy when he is here :) Lovely stitching and how nice that the sun is out again. We have had two weeks of non-stop sunshine here (most unusual!) and badly need rain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have one lucky friend who has received that Scissor box, it's so pretty.
    Be a Friend is pretty too and I love the way the top alphabet is set in the blocks with the flowers.

    I'm hoping to get some stitches into my camp project, in the garden, but our summer weather has been evading us so far and it's been quite chilly up till now.

    Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete