THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Monday, June 5, 2023

A Finishing Weekend........705-706


 We started our weekend Friday by taking the grands out for ice cream to celebrate the last day of school. Next year we will have a high school junior  and sophomore and a 7th and 8th grader. Am I getting old or what??? I rode with James for the first time, but was a little concerned when no one else wanted to ride with us. LOL But he did fine and I made it to Brusters in one piece.

I got two pieces finished over the weekend.....Honeybees and Blooms Drum and Pinkeep.   Both are by Honeycomb and Threads and were kits. They were stitched on 36 ct Maritime White linen by Lakeside with called for GAST fibers.


I finished the stitching on my camp piece.

One unfortunate happening was the "head" of my used Dazor broke loose and dropped down. Hubby is hoping he can fix it with the help of my SIL and/or his Dad. Fingers crossed!!!!

Wishing you a great week...thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship.

Stasi
 

5 comments:

  1. I can't get over the grands are that old. Wow! Ice cream sounds like a good way to celebrate the end of the school year. Well done on your bee finishes, Stasi! Hope your Dazor can be repaired for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were at Bruster's with our grandson, too, this weekend, Stasi! Of course, he is just "a bit" younger than yours so he ended up wearing a good portion of his cone :) I am shocked that your grandkids are so grown up... before you know it, they'll be graduating! Love your summer stitch camp finish and your two bee finishes are perfect. I wonder how many bee themed pieces you've stitched through the years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting that James is a driver! The bee pieces are just super and so perfect for you! Love that camp piece. It is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to the Grands on their school accomplishments.
    Nice finishes.
    I hope your Dazor is repairable.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty finishes Stasi, especially the bees. I need to start on my sewing box but have realised I ordered the wrong Gloriana's. I don't know what the difference is between the normal silk threads and Florimell, which I what I ordered by mistake.
    Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete