THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Springtime......


I thought I'd open with a shot of my phlox bed....I love when this appears every year. The photo does not do them justice; they are much more vibrant!!! 

 I received a sweet gift from my friend, Lisa, today. Don't you just love this cute bunny and carrot sporting their adorable counting pins? Stitchy friends are the best!!!


I worked on my second PS Santa last night..this is the 1997 one.


Carol had asked me how I was choosing my Santas. Well, I have the whole collection of them, which I went through a few times. I wanted two front facing, two left facing and two right facing to go in my box. I tried to pick ones that had some meaning to me or I especially liked the subject matter. This one I chose because of the alphabet, which will magically appear as I move forward. :) The first one (1995) I chose because of the earth held in Santa's hands. The other themes are ice skating (2009) ......I did a lot of that as a youth), the stitching Santa (2004), Santa with a snowman (2018)...gotta get my snow somehow and Santa with woodland creatures (2021). 

Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi

 


7 comments:

  1. Your flower bed most certainly shouts Spring, it's so pretty. I purchased the new Santa this year and have a few of the older ones but have never stitched any of them ......something else to add to the must stitch list!
    Happy Stitching! Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the plhox bed is beautiful! Great stitching and decor you have going. Also, congrats to your granddaughter Esther for achieving top student in the post down below. That is quite an honor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always wanted a bed of phlox, but they never worked out for me.
    I think the lawn mower "accidentily" got them, along with the strawberry plants. :(
    Great progress on the Santa, & cute Bunny gifts.
    Mrilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Phlox bed looks so pretty, Stasi. My grandmother used to grow Phlox in her garden. Darling bunny and carrot you received from Lisa! You are off to a good start on the next PS Santa for your box.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stasi: You are making great progress on your Santas, love the flowers, the snow is still on the ground soon it will be gone I hope.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the PS Santas that you'll be adding to the cubby box, Stasi. That woodland creatures one is probably my all-time favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your phlox are so beautiful! I tried that one year at our house, but it didn't take. I might have to try again.
    Awe, the bunny and carrot are so cute, what a lovely gift.
    What a great way to choose your Santas, that will be fun to see come together.

    ReplyDelete