THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Sunday, April 2, 2023

A Quiet Day to Blog.........701


 So, it is April.....March is a blur....I slept away from home more nights than I slept in my own bed. I've been missing my routine.....I really am a homebody! But I'm here today to share what's been going on and some stitching. It may be a long post; feel free to depart at any time....you won't hurt my feelings! :)

When last I posted we were off to my parents for a few days of packing/organizing. I got home, had one day to turn around and was off to OCMD for a class with Catherine Theron. Catherine lives in Williamsburg and called to ask if I would drive her up and back, so I had the pleasure of her company on the drive. We stopped in Berlin for a delicious lunch at the Atlantic Hotel and I took a shot of the front porch. Each rocker had a heated blanked sitting on it. We did not avail ourselves of this since it was a warm day...actually the warmest we were there. 

 

We stopped by Salty Yarns, then I dropped Catherine at her hotel and headed to the Airbnb I was sharing with two friends. What a cute little house we found!!! It was perfect for our weekend....we had a living room, full kitchen, 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, a screened in porch and a fireplace, which we used at night to take the chill off. Sorry, I didn't take any photos....maybe next time.

My class wasn't until Sunday so, I hung out at Salty Yarns on Friday and stitched with friends on Saturday. I worked on an upcoming class piece, Grandma's Heart by Summer House Stitchworkes. The class is the end of April but involves a bit of pre-stitching.
 

 

My class with Catherine was the Wee Sampler Motif Book. 

 Here is my stash enhancement..most Nashville orders. I won't be going back for awhile, so I needed to stock up. Yea right!!!! I just HAD to have them!!!


Monday we headed home. Sadly Catherine didn't feel well and wound up testing positive for Covid on Tuesday. I've been having cold/allergy symptoms since Wednesday but have tested negative 3 times for Covid. Because of the negative results, we went back up to my parents this past Thursday for more packing and arranging for items to be picked up by interested family members. They will be moving next Saturday...yes the day before Easter, so we will be returning the end of the week for a few days. I am tired but it is crunch time!!!!

 On the way home I met up with the lovely Patti Nicolosi and picked up my framed   We Live in Hope by Blackbird Designs. So, here's the poop scoop on this piece: My family tree on my paternal grandmother's side can be traced back to one of the first settlers of Maryland. My ancestor, Richard Duke, came over from England on the Ark and landed in Maryland in 1634; I knew they would have sailed up the Chesapeake Bay. Legend has it he was the assistant to Father Andrew White, who supposedly said the first Catholic Mass in the colonies. The Ark was the larger of two ships and carried the passengers. The Dove was a smaller ship and carried supplies. They named the place where they settled St. Mary's City. And there you have it!!!

This has been my saving grace on the trips to Baltimore and back...our usual 3 hour trip has been running 4- 4 1/2 hours each way DC traffic is a b***h!!!

Spirit of Stitching Santa by Brookes Books
 

I've been working on my ornament for the #12in23 ornament SAL hosted by Carol of Stitching Dreams blog fame. It won't be hanging on my tree but will reside with 5 other Prairie Schooler Santas in this green box I found at Target. He is the 1995 Santa and was worked on 40 ct Dirty Newcastle linen with one strand of a combo of Anchor and Sulky flosses.


Thanks for sticking with me if you made it this far; I apologize if I'm a little discombobulated. I hardly know what day it is!!! :) I'm going to close with a shot of my March calendar from my Book of Days from Needlework Press.


Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi



6 comments:

  1. Hi Stasi: Not a long post in my eyes, what a pleasure it was for both of you to be able to drive together, I have met Catherine she is amazing and so sweet.
    The little book is beautiful, I have never seen Grandmas Heart before very pretty design.
    Nice stash enhancement, lucky girl, lots of fun and beautiful designs to stitch.
    The box for your Santas is a very unique idea, I love it.
    We Live In Hope has the perfect frame, thank-you for sharing your beautiful family history, I hope the move goes smoothly, I hope you have good weather.
    Your Book Of Dyas was filled for March.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a fun time & a great class with a great designer.
    Pretty Stitchworke project & love the motif book.
    That's a cute idea for the Santas.
    Love the history on your gorgeous BB piece.
    I hope your packing/organizing is done soon.
    P.S. Still cold temps here in WI, but shhhhhhh, it hasn't snowed for a week now!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounded like you had a good time at OCMD with your class with Catherine. Sorry to hear she wasn't feeling well and I will pray that you continue to test negative. Love your PS Santa finish and I think he and his 5 buddies will look fabulous in the box. We Live in Hope is a stunner. Hope the packing and move for your parents goes smoothly. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, you certainly did have a full month Stasi, but you still managed to find time to get a little stitching in. At least when your parents have settled in you'll not have quite so much traveling to do. It was interesting reading about your ancestors ans so special to have so much information. Wishing you a quieter April. Happy Stitching! Sue
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all, I do hope you only have a cold... That's a shame that Catherine came down with Covid. But, I'm sure it was nice to have company for that long ride. And yes--DC traffic! UGH! We often talk about moving down that way to be nearer our two sons who live there, but that traffic is so scary.

    Your framed finish is so very special and I enjoyed reading about your family history. Love your Santa box! How will you choose which Santas to stitch--special years or just their appearance or something else? It's such a cute idea and I look forward to watching all six Santas appear :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you had a jam packed time, with lots of stitching happiness! Sorry about the Covid, but what a blessing you didn't get it.
    Oh my, that traffic sounds horrible, that's a lot of added time.
    You'll have to let me know the Airbnb you stayed in for future reference.

    ReplyDelete