THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Tuesday, April 4, 2023

A Little Grandma Love.......

 

I had a relatively lazy day yesterday...this cold is dragging me down....but I squeezed in a nap AND some stitching. I finished up the pre-stitching for my class, Grandma's Heart, a zoom class the end of this month with Beth Seal. Of course, I had a light bulb moment this morning about adding my grandmother's initials, so I'll have to work on that.



I was named after my two grandmothers.....Mary and Anastasia. The funny thing is my grandmother named Anastasia (the one on the left) didn't care for her given name and legally changed her name to Estelle. So glad my parents stuck with the original!!! Here are photos of my grandparents:

Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi

7 comments:

  1. Grandma's Heart is a wonderful project. :) I love your pictures. :) And I love all of your Grandmother's names!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry the cold seems to be hanging on, Stasi. Nice that you can feel well enough to fit in some stitching time. That sure is a lovely start and I'm glad your parents stuck with your original name, too :) Feel better soon ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the design you are working on, Have a great time on Zoom.
    I love your Grandmothers names.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a beautiful project.
    Interesting about how you were named.
    I hope you feel better soon.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pre-stitching for your Beth Seal class looks fantastic, Stasi. Sorry to hear the cold is hanging on. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful stitching Stasi and I love that you've personalised it. Names are a strange thing. I had an Aunty Joan, and it wasn't until her funeral a few back I found out her real name was Nelly. And of course, ou read that my dad was William but everyone called him Tom! Happy Stitching! Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you're going to add your grandmother's initials, and those photos are just precious.

    ReplyDelete