THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Stitch Stroll (31)

Well, it is hard to believe that January is over. It hasn't felt very "January-y" here in Virginia except for the snowstorm earlier in the month. We've had more days in the 50's and 60's than not!!! I love my four seasons and definitely feel like I'm being short changed here with winter. I'll try not to complain to much about the heat and humidity when it gets warmer here but, I do NOT like hot weather----never have--never will!.

With that said, a little autumn themed piece for today. It is a beaded ornament called An Acorn for Andrew. I can't recall who the designer is but she did a few of these. I have the key for my display cabinet attached to it and hanging in the keyhole. Sorry, I forgot to photograph he other side but it is my initial--S.   Updated- Designer is Tomorrow's Antiques.



I also wanted to share a cool gift I got for a birthday present (thanks Sally). It's a ceramic scissor holder, pincushion and ort container...all in one. And it looks like a spool of thread!!! Pretty nifty, huh?

Overall View

 
Ort Container

Pincushion top/scissor holder
Stitchy friends are the greatest--we get each other and all our quirks/addictions!!!


Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi

5 comments:

  1. ooOoo! Stasi this is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your beaded acorn is beautiful. You are correct--it has not felt like January and hasn't helped that I have been sick

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the acorn! The pottery piece is pretty fab, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG ~ I'm retired from teaching HS Ceramics now but I was always trying to think of ways to do a ceramic pincushion/scissor holder! This one is GREAT! And the beaded acorn is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a super gift from Sally! Love the beaded acorn!

    ReplyDelete