THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Monday, January 16, 2017

Home from OC (16)

I'm back from my long weekend in OCMD and reality is already sinking in---loads of laundry to get washed, mail to go through, etc...but so worth the trip. Such fun to see familiar faces, meet new ones, eat delish meals and wake to the sound of the surf every morning. I'm not sure how many projects I cut fabric for , but it was a lot!!! Only got a walk in one day because of the rainy conditions (makes the board walk very slick) but it was an invigorating one! Will be going back in three weeks for Super Bowl weekend...got a list going already!

On to my daily project post...I think I need to come up with a name for this, but right now I'm kind of brain dead. This is Tall Year Square by Betsy Morgan, a class I took back in 2013.

Winter

Spring
Summer

Autumn

Insides with pin cube

I did work on Let It Bee in the evenings, but didn't get very far as I did more ripping than stitching. This should have been a quick stitch, but I kept goofing up. I'll post a pic of that tomorrow after I've rested up. You wouldn't think a 4 1/2 drive would wear you out, but it did!!!

Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship.
Stasi 
 

2 comments:

  1. Love your finish!!! I love Betsy's things too. . .back to reality with early future plans to return to OC - doesn't get much better than that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful piece you shared for #16! Glad to hear you are home safe and sound. It sounded like you had a good time over your long weekend.

    ReplyDelete