THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Thursday, January 19, 2017

Stitch Stroll (19)

 Today we have Shepherds Purse by Shepherds Bush. This is one of the first smalls I ever stitched back in 1996. I'm showing my original piece and one I did as a gift last year. The original was a kit with fabric (I think), silks and embellishments included.  The newer version I used mystery fabric and silks to complete. Luckily I had enough beads from the original to use on the newer version.
Original front


Original Back  


Newer Version- front


Newer Version- back
I'm also sharing the joining technique...I've come a long way baby!!!!

Original whipped stitch join

Newer version  using Betsy Morgan's joining technique
 Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!
Stasi

2 comments:

  1. Both pieces are lovely! What super photos showing both of the finishing techniques used, Stasi! It is always good to see the growth we have made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. Love using Betsy's joining method. Stitching are going to show so why not make them as uniform (and awesome!) as possible. I need to get into a rhythm once I start and then off to the races! Really enjoying your stitching stroll.

    ReplyDelete