THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Yesterday afternoon I did some finishing prep work on a design I've had for quite a few years (says 2006 on the instructions), Just Nan's Queen of the Needle Sampler Case.  There are four little pockets that go on the inside that turned out just adorable. I love, love, love the tiny "picot" edging made by doing a buttonhole stitch. It's so delicate and sweet looking! The original only had it on two of the pockets, but I decided to do all four.
I'm planning on working on this more this afternoon and hopefully will make some progress.




Last night I worked a bit more on The Regal Bee and got the back of the scissor case stitched. I used a monogram from Eileen Bennetts book . I love working with silk but these are getting fuzz even though I'm only stitching with an 18" length. I may have to pull out the Thread Heaven which I usually don't like to do.




On the walking front, it's been so beautiful here I got to walk  outside the other day. Otherwise, it's the treadmill for me! Rich is out for a motorcycle ride this morning and I'm off to do some more finishing work. 'Til next time!


Stasi

No comments:

Post a Comment