THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Well, I've made it to post #2--Yeah!!!


 I haven't gotten any stitching done since the little bit I managed New Years Day. My "other life" seems to keep getting in the way. You know--the laundry, dinners, walking on the treadmill, end of month business reports etc..
 But, I did start The Regal Bee (picture above) with the outlining on the scissor case, front and back and a teeny tiny bit of the black work. There are only two colors used which I changed from Vicki Claytons Black and  Barley Wine to Glorianna Indigo Ink and Lacquered Gold. I also changed the fabric from 36 count Light Sand Edinborough to 34 count Devonshire Cream Legacy Linen (The photo is not showing the true color--it is much more of a cream). I just love the feel of the Legacy linen and felt the color was a little more elegant than the original fabric called for. You will find I do like to "change" things up a bit. A lot of that is because I'm really trying to use some of my stash on hand. I truly have so much I could open a shop! :) A lot of it was accrued while working at Twisted Threads--having all the wonderful fibers, fabrics, embellishments, etc at my fingertips on a daily basis was temptation supreme!!! And I succumbed time after time after time............ I also learned a new..to me...stitch--the diagonal closed herringbone. It worked great on the bottom where the edges angle in. Anyway, I'll keep posting as I move along on this project.


I did want to share a fun piece I just put the finishing touches on this afternoon. I spent Halloween weekend down at Salty Yarns in Ocean City, MD. This was a collaborative piece a few of us worked on together. We used Fern Ridges's coffin piece as a jumping point and did our own thing incorporating earrings, pins, etc from Claires. I think it turned out very cute--the skeleton inside even glows in the dark! In fact--it's spooktacular!!! Sorry, couldn't help myself! Again, the fabric is not true to color--it is a bright chartreuse green!




















Till next time!
Stasi

No comments:

Post a Comment