THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Wednesday, May 8, 2024

A WIP and a Finish.....751

 


A quick pop in to share some recent stitching. I had a FFO yesterday; this was mainly a car project, but I had to work on it at home because I couldn't wait to see if my idea would work. A friend had showed me these little houses, from Hobby Lobby, and I thought Santa would look adorable flying over them.

Santa's Delivery #1 by Teresa Kogut

So, I stitched this on 18 ct, rather than 14 ct. white perforated paper. I colored the paper black with a sharpie marker as 18 ct. is only available in 18 ct. I stitched with the called for colors. I think it works!!!

I did get some stitching done at the DVHSG retreat recently. I had hoped to get it all stitched that weekend but,  there was a bit too much socializing going on. This is just a small section; I am about 2/3 finished. I chose to do it on banding with Vikki Clayton silks. Here is 1889 Alphabets by Needlework Press. This is a Czech sampler and since my mother's maternal grandparents came from Czechoslovakia, I am dedicating it to them. I changed the name on the sampler to their last name.....you will see that when I unfurl at the end.....it's too hard to get it tight again!!!


Happy "hump" day as we look forward to the weekend! Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi





2 comments:

  1. The Santa is cute on that house.
    Great banding project.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how that Santa turned out, Stasi! Such a cute idea. And your sampler will be especially meaningful given that it is a design by a Czech designer. Have you ever visited the Czech Republic? Have a great day ♥

    ReplyDelete