THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Back to the Grind.....727


 I am back from a wonderful weekend in OCMD at the DVHSG fall retreat. I can't say enough how inspiring and motivating it is to spend time with like minded people, who are as passionate about their needle art as you are. I stitched, chatted, ate, and shared for 3 1/2 days in a setting jam packed with needlework supplies and goodies. I met new stitchers and visited with old friends....and I can't wait until the spring to do it all over again.  I was able to attend my first 'in person' meeting and we even had a class with Janice from Noteworthy Needle. Stacy S., from the Guild, works so hard to put these weekends together and Sara and Mary, from Salty Yarns, always treat us royally. A BIG shout out to all those involved---thank you!!!!

The class with Janice was a pre-stitch and we learned how to 'build' of thimble box. The design is an exclusive for the Guild called Thimble Treasures Sampler Box. It was stitched on 32 ct. flax linen with DMC floss. You build the box with pieces of bamboo that look like puzzle pieces, then cover with your finished stitching. It was fiddly, but so cute when completed! Size is approximately 1 X 1 1/2 inches.


I worked on other projects too...one was a gift that I can't share at this time. But here is what I did work on:
Peace Angel from Birds of a Feather

Pinkeep from A Lady's Work Box

A friend had given me the chart for the Christmas Angel Ornaments from Birds of A Feather and I had stitched the Love one awhile ago and forgot to post. 

Oops..just realized I forgot to stitch her cheeks

I'm doing them on 28 ct. Tiny Neutral Snowflake fabric from Fabric Flair with GAST fibers. I have lusted for these for a long time and am happy to finally get them going.

Last, but not least, I received my gift from my exchange partner and I hit the jackpot! She stitched me a lovely pillow and personalized it on the back...along with a boat load of candy!!! We have never even met, but she somehow knew I have a major sweet tooth! :)



This is called Christmas Fruit Basket by Threadwork Primitives. 

That's it for today folks! Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!
Stasi




5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great time!
    That tiny box is so cute, great job.
    Love that snowflake fabric, so pretty & subtle.
    That a great exchange piece you received.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Thimble Box is darling, Stasi. It sounded like you had a wonderful time retreating. What a wonderful exchange piece you received! Lovely pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the "Love" angel! I'm thinking about stitching it again for a friend for Christmas. How wonderful that your were gifted that rare chart. I borrowed it from a stitcher in CA and am so grateful. Lovely gifts in your exchange and the box is so tiny and cute! Glad you had such a nice getaway with your stitching buddies! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was lovely meeting you at the retreat. It was my first one and I had a wonderful time. Looking forward to going again. Jeannae from NH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice to meet you too Jeannae..hope our paths cross again!

      Delete