THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Thursday, October 12, 2017

House on Halloween Hill....(285)

Today's Stroll piece is House on Hallowen Hill by Ewe and Eye and Friends, stitched in 1996. This was a Black Sheep Night kit at the time, possibly the first of the Club kit mania we now experience. Your local shop had to be a member to get the kits and they were often limited. Ruth Sparrow, of Twisted Threads, bought the rights to the E&E&F designs when Barb and Cam decided to stop designing so some of these have been reprinted/updated in new booklet form. I had it made into a cube by our finisher at TT, JoAnn.


I was able to complete the stitching on Summer Schoolhouse #2 last night and hope to start on #3 this weekend.

 
I'm heading off to Ocean City, MD for the Jamboree retreat this weekend at Salty Yarns. Will post photos as soon as I can; it gets tight in the mornings when there is a class and I try to get my walking in. I will have my lap top with me, so fingers crossed.

Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi

4 comments:

  1. Oh my. Summer Schoolhouse #2 is darling!! Have a safe trip and an excellent time my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the house on the hill. Interesting that they used blue for the bird instead of making it a crow. Good for you on getting part2 finished in the schoolhouse series! Have a fabulous time at the Jamboree this weekend, Stasi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stasi, Summer Schoolhouse is lovely and I think the finish on House on the Hill is neat, I want to try a cube in the future.
    Have a wonderful time at your retreat and I can't wait to see what you learn in class.. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Halloween Hill all done up as a cube looks great. Your finish on Schoolhouse #2 is beautiful (love your color selections - especially the rich red).

    Have fun at the Jamboree!!

    ReplyDelete