THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Monday, October 23, 2017

Boo--a UFO.......296)

Today's Stroll piece is a UFO from 2001, Boo Spider, a freebie chart from Waxing Moon.....something else I need to get motivated to 'finish' finish (I'm seeing this term used on blogs and FB a lot recently). The piece was stitched on 26 count Heatherfield fabric which has little flecks of color in it. The eyes are tiny white buttons sewn on with black thread.




Here is last nights stitching....I like the colors in this, especially the greens! Surprise, surprise!!!


Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship! 

Stasi

4 comments:

  1. Boo Spider is as cute as cute can be! What a great idea to use the tiny buttons for the eyes. My wonderful husband stopped at a yard sale yesterday and was proud as punch that he brought me home a box of buttons for 3$. I was thrilled because there were many beautiful antique buttons and there was a card of teeny tiny white buttons...now I know what to use them for!! I love going through old buttons....

    Great progress on your new stitch, love Marla's green dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stasi, you are really moving along on the Jardin Prive piece. Cute stroll piece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're zooming right along on the new stitch. I agree, the colors are lovely. Hope you have a couple of looooong skinny wall spaces in mind for this and the blue sampler SAL - they're both so lovely, they should be hanging and showing themselves (and your lovely stitching) off.

    ReplyDelete