THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Friday, August 21, 2015

Stitching by the Sea..................

.....is definitely where I wish to be!!!! But alas, it will have to wait until October. Then I'll be attending Stitcher's Jamboree at Salty Yarns in Ocean City, MD. I just got my pre-stitch kit in the mail today and love it!!! I won't share, as this will be premiered at the retreat, but will definitely show you the finished result...hopefully soon after that weekend. I will be taking three classes, the pre-stitch is for a class by Cathy Habermann of Hands on Design, then there are two classes with Cecile and her daughter from JABCO. We are going to learn how their buttons are made and actually get to make some ourselves. I have been curious about this for a LONG time!

To start getting in the mood, I have been working on ....SURPRISE...Stitching by the Sea by Hands On Design. Here is the chart:


and here is what I've gotten done so far:


This is a little holder (basket) for the pincushion.  I used a lighter fabric I had on hand, 30 count Hog Wild Blue from R&R. It isn't blue at all, but had lots of "distressed" areas and looked sand-like to me.

My hubby , handy dude that he is, was able to fix my collapsed bookshelf but I still think I need to lighten the load a bit. 

Grand kids are coming Sunday and spending 5 days with us, so not much stitching will be accomplished next week. We are planning a day trip to Baltimore to visit their great grandparents (and sneak in a haircut for me by my sister). We're also heading to a resort/water park in Massanutten,VA for an overnighter. Should be lots of fun but I'm sure I'll be needing a recuperative few days when we get back.

Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi

6 comments:

  1. Oh that pincushion is adorable! Sending you prayers and positive thoughts for lots of energy next week...you're gonna need it! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! I have been watching my mailbox all week for my pre-stitching. Hope it comes today. I love the stitching by the sea pin cushion. It is such a clever finish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a sweet design. I look forward to seeing the pre-stitch work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy the grandkids next week and your overnighter at Massanutten! Haven't been there in many years. Your beach piece is sweet. Enjoy your weekend!

    Robin in Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this design. I am happy to find another West Virginia stitcher!

    Abbie - Stitching in WV

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Abbie--where abouts in WV are you? I've lived here 10 years and have yet to find a local stitcher!!! :)

      Delete