THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Monday, April 24, 2017

Rainy Days and Mondays........(114)

We had a dreary, rainy weekend and more in store the next couple days. I don't mind the rain, in fact I welcome these kind of days, they put me in the mood for sitting back, pondering and reorganizing. Everything is so green and I love the "spring" green of all the trees popping out (never happy about the upcoming lawn mowing season though). 

Today's Stroll piece has a lot of green on the front with purple thistle accents. The back is blackwork with a variegated thread and there is a bead edging. It is Edinburgh Reticule by Betsy Morgan, a class from 2014. I'll share the accompanying smalls tomorrow.
 
Front

Back
Gusset with bead edging
I forgot to mention the project from the class I took the other day with the Virginia Guild of Needlewomen. It is a Bee Skep Scissor Fob, taught by Patti Nicolosi. I can't wait to get started on this!


 Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi

 

4 comments:

  1. Oh the Edinburgh Reticule is lovely and colorful. What a darling bee skep. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. The beehive piece is adorable and your Edinburgh Reticule is stunning. It is rainy here, but I'm not going to complain too much since we need the rain. Enjoy your day of pondering, stitching, and maybe a bit of re-organizing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bee skep--can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for showing the side. Am always trying to figure out how the smalls *work* and had trouble with this one. The front is beautiful (love the thistles) but think I like the Holbein motifs on the back even better.

    What a great beeskep! Looking forward to seeing it in your list later.

    ReplyDelete