THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Pincushion Sampler (95)

Today's piece was stitched in 1997, so the memory is a little foggy. I know it is from Claire Hatten, a great designer from the 90's who sadly left the needlework business with stitchers, like me, wanting more. It came with a pottery bowl that you were to mount the piece in....I never did and got rid of the bowl in the move. Now this is where things get fuzzy ..... I "think" I added the "my needles" at the bottom (otherwise it wouldn't have fit in a round bowl); not sure about the flower motifs. Anyway, I had a piece of wool and decided to mount the stitching on it and fill with layers of warm and natural. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!!!


I completed the stitching on the Fear Not needleroll. Now, I just need to add a couple buttons and do the hemstitching. Then it can be added to the Shepherd's Fold Box........five down, one to go!





I got quite a bit of finishing done yesterday, mainly prep work. Now I hope to put all the pieces together. 

Don't forget to leave a comment for a chance on the drawing..details in the April 3rd post.

Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi

 

2 comments:

  1. I think your version of the pincushion sampler turned out great, Stasi. Pretty colors, pretty wool, pretty design. Congratulations on getting the stitching finished on the needle roll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pincushion design is so sweet--and congrats on getting the needle roll stitched! Can't wait to see what you're putting together.

    ReplyDelete