THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Thursday, April 20, 2017

I'm a Little Bit Quaker......(110)

A few things to share today; I'll start with my Stroll piece. This was a piece offered by Catherine Theron to needlework guilds. It is called Small Quaker Traveling Sewing Roll and I stitched it in 2014. I used my family's initials and don't think I changed anything up.



I managed to get a little more done on my pre-stitch for Betsy Morgan while watching a double episode of Survivor. Yes, we are Survivor junkies..not sure why this appeals to us so much, but we are often amazed at what outcomes occur and the manipulation/guile versus naivety/gullibility of the players.





Lastly, I'm sharing some finishing I've been working on over the past week or so. It is Black-eyed Susan's Workbox and Smalls by Jackie DuPlessis. This was offered by Jackie on her Facebook page and I stitched it last summer while at the cabin. The shaker box was hand painted around the lid band and is 3 1/2 inches in diameter. I gave the centers of the flowers "black eyes" where Jackie had them gold and found a realistic looking black-eyed susan to put in the bottom of the box. I then put the little label "wrought by" on the underside of the lid. I decided to use the ort container to house a wax beehive--it fit perfectly! The other accessories are a scissor fob, thread holder and bead storage roll. So sweet!








Well, I have a class today with the Virginia Guild of Needlewomen with Patti Nicolosi; she is teaching a bee skep scissor fob, so I'm excited. See you tomorrow!

Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi
 

4 comments:

  1. Now I want to pull this out of the stash to work on--you're inspirational! Have fun at the workshop--wish I could be there. Say hi to Holly for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous post, Stasi! I love your small Quaker sewing roll. You have made good progress on your pre-work. Your finishing for the sunflower pieces look great. Enjoy your guild class today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Black-eyed Susan's Workbox and Smalls

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well that did not all publish! I had typed that the sewing roll is cute and the Black-eyed Susan's Workbox and Smalls is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete