THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Calculating a Little Needlework...... (109)

Yesterday was an absolutely, perfectly beautiful day and my hubby and I took advantage and drove over to Williamsburg. We visited the outlets first to buy a Bose wireless speaker....... hubby thought we were ready for the jump to streamed music...... me, I'm a little more hesitant. But we took the plunge and I have to say, it appears to be an easy process and the Bose sounds fantastic. Now I just have to figure out how to get my CD's into a "cloud" so I can access them through my phone....easy-peasy...right????

We then went to the Williamsburg Pottery and had a true OMG moment! We hadn't been here for quite awhile and, for any of you who haven't been there, this used to be a series of big old plain white buildings filled with pottery, imports and junque! You never knew what you'd find and prices were very low. Hubby and I went there on our honeymoon and got a ceiling lamp with black-eyed susans on it that is still hanging in my house today. So "what to our wondering eyes should appear" but this......

They have built a new (2012) series of buildings with quaint storefronts that house large open areas within. It's very attractive, still had good bargains but not near as much "stuff". I hope they make it, as a lot of money must have been sunk into this project. But, I'll miss the 'thrill of the hunt' we experienced at the old stores. 

On to stitching......today's Stroll piece is Calculator Case by Olde Colonial Designs, stitched in 2003. The calculator is long gone--it broke soon after the first use--and I haven't replaced it. 

Front

Back
 I've started the pre-stitching on a class I'm taking with Betsy Morgan in June. 


And to close on this dreary day, here are a couple pictures of some flowers I planted last weekend. 

Spanish Lavender

Phlox and lithodora

 Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!
Stasi

3 comments:

  1. Your calculator case is darling. What size calculator would fit? It sounds like you had a wonderful outing to Williamsburg. You have made a good start with your pre-stitching, Stasi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I like that little calculator case Stasi. The Spanish lavender is pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait ... *that's* the Pottery? Where you used to have to figure out which buildings you were allowed to go into and paths that sometimes weren't? And they had bazillions of candleholders and candles and hurricane covers and stuff and stuff and stuff? Now it looks like real stores? Obviously I haven't been there in decades. The storefronts look really nice but part of me is thinking they ruined it, lol.

    The calculator case is pretty - too bad about the calculator, but I'm sure that some stitchy sort of thing would fit in there nicely.

    ReplyDelete