THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Thursday, March 21, 2019

Rainy Day Blogging.....

It's a very rainy day here but, thankfully, we aren't dealing with the massive flooding in the midwest. My heart goes out to all those affected by rising rivers and  levee breaks; I can't imagine the loss and wish safety to all. Seems odd to now segue to stitching but here goes: 

I have been doing a lot of stitching in the evenings while binging on Project Runway All Stars. Somehow I had missed that starting in January and had a little trouble finding the past episodes. I finally was able to get them via my Roku on the Lifetime channel, but it was 11 episodes with ads streaming ever so slowly throughout the shows. I am finally caught up and can watch it on regular TV. This season is it all past winners so it's been pretty exciting!!! 

Anyway, on to the stitching..... I had to start Quilting Bee by Blue Flower and am almost finished the bee...just one wing to fill in. I changed the fibers to some silks (one strand over two threads) I had on hand and the fabric to 40 count Meadow Mist Newcastle. It's a pale blue rather than the goldish brown the original was stitched on. Sorry pictures aren't too good, but it is very dark and overcast.



I also have been keeping up with my iStitch SAL....5 weeks complete:


And I started and finished stitching  a sweet little design that Vickie (A Stitcher's Story) had passed on to me. Our friend, Robin in VA, had sent Vickie some charts and Vickie had forwarded me a couple she thought I'd like...and I did! So thanks to both Vickie and Robin for Spring Frolic by Homespun Elegance.  I changed out the fabric and opted for a dark green rather than the original dark blue that was called for. I also switched the DMC threads to over dyes and added a tiny pearl button for the tail.





I have my Guild meeting this afternoon and then I'm off to OCMD for a weekend of classes with Catherine Theron at Salty Yarns. Today at VGN we are having a needlepoint class, taught by one of our members. It's a strawberry scissor case by Margery Williams. 


Very Berry Scissors Case - Charted Design

The two Catherine Theron classes I'm taking are:

Quaker Scissor Pocket


Americana Sewing roll

 I am all packed and ready to go....just hoping the rain cooperates and my 4 1/2 hour drive doesn't turn into something much longer. I have my books on CD to keep me company, but a REAL person would be so much more desirable!!!

Thanks for stopping by nd your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi
PS. I am on Instagram now as bee_stitcher.....come pay me a visit!!!

10 comments:

  1. Spring Fling turned out really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Spring, Stasi! Your stitching is lovely. Such fun classes you're taking. If I could, I would be in that car with you. Wishing you a safe trip and a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a bee that is! It is looking very good. Spring Frolic looks so good the way you did it Stasi. :) I like the projects you will be doing at this class. I am praying for safe travel for you there and back my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bunny stitch! It turned out super on the green fabric. Your quilt bee is looking fabulous as is the iStitch SAL piece. Have a safe trip to and from OCMD; I know you will enjoy your class time with Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that Bee, and Spring Frolic looks great on the darker fabric.
    Those classes look like fun!
    Have a safe trip, and a great weekend!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your bee is incredible!

    Hope you have a wonderful weekend and enjoy your classes!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Also wanted to say that the iStitch band samplers just keep getting prettier.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you are back safe and sound from your classes, Stasi. I know all about those long boring drive--I just returned from visiting my mom in NY on Sunday and had only a book on my phone to keep me company :)

    I do love that bee--I'm really excited about this new designer. I thought she had many darling things to offer. I liked her squirrels, too :)

    And that sweet bunny--it looks gorgeous on that fabric. Such a sweet gift from Robin and then Vickie!

    I'm sure spring has sprung in your part of VA. My oldest son is flying in to Richmond for his annual camping trip with 7 college friends this coming weekend--hope you'll be having nice weather for them. Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounded like another wonderful trip Stasi. I too wish I was in the car with you and Meg. It would be so much fun. Robin is such a generous and wonderful friend. I love how that bunny turned out...so sweet and pretty. RJ

    ReplyDelete