THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Friday, January 4, 2019

My First FFO of 2019 and Stitch Stroll Addition (491)

Greetings... and I hope a Happy New Year was had by all! We did usher in the new year with a night hike and it was quite enjoyable. We met at 11:00PM at the state park and started  an approx. 1 1/2 mile hike through the woods; it was so neat to see a procession of 45 headlamps marching through the woods. Sadly, there was no moon but some stars did break through right after 12:00 for a short time. We celebrated with marshmallows and sparkling cider at midnight, rested awhile, then started the trek back. It ended around 1:00am and by the time we drove home and unwound, it was around 2:00AM. I hate to admit I haven't been up that late in a long while!! We contemplated a visit to the Waffle House...but passed!!! :)

On to some stitching.....I completed my first FFO of 2019...yes... stitched and finished. But in all fairness, it was a very quick project. Here is An AaBbCc Spool by Needlework Press. It was a mini kit that came with the chart, spool and banding (28 ct.). It was stitched over two and I supplied the fiber, Glorianna Pomegranate, that was leftover from a class I took. I had a pair of star buttons in my stash that worked perfectly on the top/bottom of the spool, which I stained. I stuck a JABCO button in the end to hold it closed.





 My next start is a Christmas piece, so I'll be way ahead of the game for next year, but I just fell in love with this the moment I saw it and luck came my way. This was the latest kit from the Ladies Prim Society hosted by Dyeing to Stitch. I was not a member but a friend of mine was and saw a post I had made about it on FB. She contacted me and offered to sell me her kit.....well I jumped on it!!! Call it fate or being in the right place at the right time, I am very thankful to her!!!  And she didn't sell it to me for the $199 price tag someone was trying to get on Ebay!!!! So, here is my start on Merry Christmas by Blackbird Designs. The colors are lovely, a combo of Classic Colorworks, GAST and WDW, and it's done on 36 count over two.



So, in the past, I've always kept track of the hours put in on a piece, but not the day started /finished. I stumbled across these cute little books in the clearance section at TJ Maxx and thought they'd be perfect to keep a record of pertinent info on my projects. The cover is heavy cardboard, very sturdy, and there are 100 pages. Do you think it's crazy that I got 4???? I figure these could take my through  the remainder of my stitching career!!! LOL



I've been pondering posting my Stitch Stroll on IG, a finished project a day, and decided to go for it!  So, if you missed it the first time around here on the blog, please check it out. My IG name is bee_stitcher.

Thanks for hanging with me and for your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi 
PS  We're off to Disney on Sunday...wish me luck!!

6 comments:

  1. Your spool is so cute. Your BBD project is lovely! I hope the Disney trip is great for you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Stasi, I love your AaBbCc spool finish! It is adorable. You are off to a good start on the BBD piece. I don't think you are crazy for picking up 4 of those notebooks for journaling your projects. Wishing you and your family a fabulous trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an awesome New Years Eve. Your ABC spool is adorable. And your new start very pretty. Have a blast in Disney!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That spool is too cute.
    Great New year project with the BB design, what a pretty one.
    Have fun at Disney!!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hike sounds like such fun, Stasi (a lot better than my hike in Panama :)!!

    I guess you are at Disney now--have an awesome time with your sweet grandkids. Seeing their excitement over everything will be such fun, I'm sure...

    Love your first "fast" finish and the beautiful new project you are working on. I saw it finished by someone on IG and it was gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous way to celebrate New Years Eve Stasi. Love your adorable spool.
    Those notebooks look great. RJ

    ReplyDelete