THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Monday, December 31, 2018

A Final Post for 2018............ (488)

I'm squeaking in one more post to close out 2018.....the reason being I wanted to wish you all a very Happy New Year ......and....I finally finished the Samsarah Fun Every Day perpetual calendar!!!! Woo-Hoo!!!!!  Goodness, I figured I have about 500 hours in this puppy , granted most done in the car when I would have otherwise been sitting idly. This massive project , which consists of 48 designs, was started in 2014 and is done on 14 count brown perforated paper using two strands of floss. I did not buy any new floss for this project but used what I had in my stash, mainly LE GAST. I eliminated the Veteran's Day design in favor of a St. Patricks Day design and added some JABCO buttons to the pictoral pieces for embellishment. Instead of gluing as suggested...and I had this brain storm just today... I sewed them on my machine.I'm contemplating where to place it so it's easy to change out every day.This will be #488 on my Stitch Stroll (counting as one completed project).

I've been working feverishly to get this done by tomorrow and have it all set and ready to go. Here is day 1!!!  Oops...just noticed I have Monday instead of Tuesday! :) I hope to never do another black/white checkerboard border!!!!


I have been working on my Black Sampler Band SAL  and got weeks 20 and 21 done. Only 7 more weeks to go and then the next one starts in February. I must be a glutton for punishment because I signed up for it..this will make number 4!!!





So, what are your plans for New Year's Eve? Rich and I are contemplating a guided night hike at our local state park. It goes from 11pm-1am with a break at midnight for hot cider. The weather isn't the best, rainy but unseasonably warm...in the 60's!!! I'll let you know what we decide. Probably best I take a little nap beforehand. LOL

Wishing you a Happy New Year, however you decide to celebrate....whether it's heading out to a party, watching New Years Rockin' Eve and the ball falling in Times Square or curling up with your stitching or a good book....enjoy your evening and be safe!!! Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!!!

A cute little musing from Cora to end the post......their family has recently been watching the first couple Harry Potter movies. Cora came crying to her mother one day as she had fallen and scratched her forehead.....she was upset and questioning if she might become a wizard!!!!  Don't ya love it?????

Stasi

 




5 comments:

  1. Stasi, congratulations on getting the Fun Every Day calendar finished! Woohoo! I would turn a cartwheel, but I might break something. I was wondering if you were going to take part in the 2019 SAL with iStitch. I will spend the evening stitching and reading from the coziness inside. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful finish! What a great project and something you can enjoy every day. I hope you have a wonderful and happy new year!

    Blessings - Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on one amazing finish (well, lots of little pieces in that one amazing finish!). This is such a cute calendar and I know you'll enjoy using it year after year.

    Quiet New Year's Eve here--just the way I like it. I am not one for crowds or fireworks :)

    Cora's comment is priceless--you just never know what ideas are running through the heads of little ones, do you?

    Happy New Year, Stasi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your finish Stasi. What a wonderful calendar! Happy New Year my friend. RJ

    ReplyDelete