THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Friday, April 29, 2016

Have a Cuppa with me...............

I'm just so tickled with my recent finish, I wanted to share right away. I finished this up last evening while watching Project Runway along with.....you guessed it .......a cuppa tea!!!

I first saw this design from Cathy at Hands on Design and fell in love with it......just one problem.....I don't drink coffee and it was called Java.  Well my mind started swirling and I thought it would be simple to change it to a tea themed project. After all, tea/coffee drinkers all use cups!!! It was really just a matter of coming up with different pins.

I did change up the colors, using fibers and fabric from my stash. I used 32 count linen so it's a little smaller and I switched out the felted wool. Here is the original design:





Here is my version:

 This is just one side, but the three others are equally cute! The "letters" are something I picked up at Tuesday Morning and are used in scrapbooking. I just glued them to some pins and voila!!!

Then I made an itty bitty tea bag on some 52/60 count Lakeside linen.



I also managed to get the pre-stitching done on one of my Betsy Morgan classes. I am way head of the game since they aren't until the first weekend in June but, as you can see, there wasn't much involved...and I love that!!! I have one more pre-stitch to do and that won't be a chore at all....especially since it's a beehive!

This is the ruler case for the Mexican reticule


 
 On the home front, there has been a rain postponement for the yard sale tomorrow; it has been rescheduled for May 14th. Now we have to decide whether we want to go ahead with that venue or do something on our own at home. Plus, we'll have all this "stuff" in the garage for when potential buyers start to come.  Arghhh!!!

Well, that's it for now! Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Have a great weekend!
Stasi

 

10 comments:

  1. I love your Tea version even more than the Java original! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Stasi and one of a kind since you made your own changes. I love the wool you chose it look lovely with the embroidered details
    I will miss not being there in June but this year I just couldn't be there ...
    Your ruler looks cute

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stasi, your tea version is adorable. I like the lighter colored fabric you used. Good for you on creating your own pins. Good job on getting some of your pre-work finished. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Hands on Design adaptation. I think I want to do one of these one day. So many cute ones to choose from. So clever of you to add the tea label. And your pre-stitching done too. How are you finding the time between sorting, purging, yard sales and prepping to move! You are a dynamo! See you in June

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job changing out the design. I just love your little tea bag!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stasi! I love your tea version! That tiny tea bag!! :D GREAT job my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stasi, I have a few of these Hands on Designs pin cushions, but be a tea drinker myself, the Java one didn't appeal to me at all. You version is great! I love it! the adorable tea bag aside, just changing out to the lighter fabric made a huge difference! The cups show up so much better. Great job!

    ReplyDelete