THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Saturday, April 28, 2012

More Toys for the Toy Chest

Well, I've just finished two more toys for my Toy Chest. This was a class that I took a few years ago from Betsy Morgan of Willing Hands. Someday soon I'll post photos of the whole piece and you can drool along with me. But for now, here is the Hobby Horse and Paintbox.






The Hobby Horse is a cover for your laying tool. The one I have (which was given to me by a dear friend) is from Mike and Maggie Fraser of Sylvan Treasures. It is ebony wood and smooth as a baby's behind! Mike turns beautiful wood pieces for use by stitchers--lovely wood ort jars and such. You should check out their web site: www.sylvantreasures.com




The paintbox, I think, was an appropriate addition as I have always felt we "paint" with our needle and thread. Cross stitching has always reminded me of coloring when I was a child--the thrill of a new box of crayons and putting those first strokes of color on paper--has definitely equated with placing that first "cross" of color and then watching the design grow as more and more stitches are worked. There is nothing like the thrill of putting that first stitch in a piece of linen!!! I feel I'm waning philosophical here...but you know what I mean! :)




The paintbox is a needle threader case--it holds the needle threader with the adorable palette charm and also has two hidden pockets for storing needles. 




So that's it for today--keep on stitchin'!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment