THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Saturday, March 30, 2024

Happy Easter........750



 


A happy Easter to all......I had hoped to get my Samplings 1 and 2 eggs FFO'd in time, but sadly was distracted by other projects and preparing for our trip to Ireland. I am not one who can force themselves to work on something when it doesn't suit me.....I like working on what I want when I want. I guess I don't have much self discipline and am not particularly goal oriented. Oh well, "I am what I am and that's all that I am" as Popeye would say. 

Here is what I have been working on......remember the branches I showed in my last post..... well, this is what became of them.

I have a wooly tree!!!!

And, here is my first ornament for the tree.


This project is by Attic Heirlooms. You can buy the tree kit and then opt to purchase an ornament kit every month or print the instructions out for free each month. But they are only free for their corresponding month, then there is a small fee. I did but the tree kit and have enough left to make a second tree. I am printing out the free pattern every month and using wool/beads I have on hand. 

I framed my Joy and Good Cheer piece in a small frame I had in my stash. The stitching is 2 3/4 X 1 3/4....I just love it. I stitched it on 40 ct. Earl Grey linen, over 1, by Grace Notes. This was my first time using her fabric and I really like it! The fibers were a combo of WDW, CC and Anchor.


I worked a bit on Live on Little and am about 1/3 of the way done.


And I put in some stitches on my Leap Year piece, Cardinal Points


I also started two projects that are going to be my travel projects. I like to get them started ahead of time so I am ready to go when I may have down time.

L. is 1889 Alphabets by Needlework Press....R. is Santa's Delivery by Teresa Kogut

Santa enlarged
I chose these because the one is on 28 ct. banding and the other on 18 ct perforated paper. I can see both without magnification. I'm counting on these for the airport and plane. My wish is that I have no time for stitching while actually in Ireland...but I will be prepared. LOL

I will end by wishing you a Happy Easter with your families and/or friends and a small Easter display I have here at home. The purple eggs with pink flowers were made years ago by the grands. 


Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi









6 comments:

  1. Great projects, love the tee.
    Joy & Good Cheer looks so cute & tiny.
    Cute Easter finishes.
    Have a wonderful Easter!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tree looks amazing along with its first ornament, Stasi. Well done! Your Joy and Cheer piece is a beauty in its petite frame. Love the fabric color! It looks like you made some good progress on your other projects. I always start pieces I am going to take along with me. So much easier to pick them up and stitch! Happy Easter to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love the tree! Joy & Good Cheer is super so small! I hope you had a wonderful Easter with your family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not good at stitching to set goals either and much prefer to just pick up what I fancy, when I fancy, so I'm with you on that one. You have still managed to make great progress on all your pieces though and that little tree is going to be darling. Happy Stitching! Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your little wooly tree is so cute, Stasi! And how nice that they offer free ornaments to create each month. I know you'll have a complete collection by year's end. Love the Joy and Good Cheer all framed up. You know I love anything tiny :) That house in Live on Little is really something--I do love a good house! Hope you had a wonderful Easter and are almost set for your Ireland trip. I'd rather do almost anything than pack for a trip--I'm hopeless and always overpack :) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry for the late post Stasi: I love your tree thank-you for the information on the kits.
    Joy and Peace is a beautiful finish. Lovely progress on all your stitching, wow Ireland you are so lucky, I hope you have an amazing time and visit some great places.
    Your Easter display is so sweet.

    Catherine🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷

    ReplyDelete