THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Saturday, June 15, 2019

Stroll Addition (501)

I'm swinging by with a quick post to share the results of a couple finishing days. Rich left Tuesday to help my younger daughter out with some issues on their house that they're listing soon.... and I had two free days to myself. I adore my hubby, but sometimes I miss when he traveled for work and I'd have days/evenings (depending on my work schedule) to myself. I'd eat when/what I wanted, watch what I wanted and stitch when I wanted!!! I had never really been alone until my girls were both off to college and was a little anxious at first. But, I grew to like my "alone" time and look forward to it. So okay, I ate more Cincinnati chili than I should have and received some chiding from friends when I admitted to eating creme brulee for dinner one night, but all in all it was enjoyable.

I digress, I'm here to share my latest finish....RJ, Mary and Meg...you may want to pay attention! :) I started this project in 2017 and have been working on it off and on since then. I finally finished Lesson #4 this year and spent the last two days FFOing all the various parts. I changed up the fabric and used 28 count Lambswool linen over one. I also substituted Victorian Motto fibers for the called for threads and mine are a little brighter. I used the called for rick-rack trim and sewed it on after sewing the 'cushions' together. I sewed the trim "flat" over the seams, tacking on both sides at the 'points'. I had bought a neat wooden box with a slide lid at some point for this project but it was too deep and they got lost in it. I was pondering what I could use when my eye caught sight of the goodie box I had received at a Dyeing to Stitch retreat a couple years ago..... and it was perfect!!! So, may I present Summer Schoolhouse Lessons 1,2,3&4 by With Thy Needle and Thread. 







Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi

6 comments:

  1. Stasi, your Summer Schoolhouse Lessons set looks fabulous. Well done in getting them in finished form! I had a chuckle about the crème brulee for dinner. No chiding from me! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bellissimi questi cuscinetti. Sono confezionati molto bene. Complimenti!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all so pretty.
    Congrats on finishing all of them.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stasi, I absolutely love how you finished your schoolhouse series. I sure am enjoying stitching it. I will be coming to you for help on how you put the rick rack on. I read what you said but my mind isn't working well enough to understand it. LOL!! Great job my friend. RJ

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaaaaah!! Gorgeous! I'm so sorry I missed this until now. I have been really behind on blog reading. Love your finishes. I envy your sewing skills! Thanks for the tip on attaching the ric rac. I've been worrying about that. Don't know if I will tackle the strawberry.

    Oh, and creme brulee? Yes, please!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so, so beautiful all finished up and grouped together, Stasi! Had to laugh at your comment about no alone time :) My husband is on a bike ride this weekend and I'm enjoying the peaceful "do whatever I want when I want" time! I ate cereal for all three meals today--ha ha! But, your creme brulee sounds much tastier!

    ReplyDelete