THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Monday, May 9, 2016

Stasi wants a little lamb......little lamb.....little lamb

Another Mother's Day come and gone. Sadly, this year, it was not spent with my daughters but, gladly was spent with my mother, sister, sister-in-law and the male members of the family. 
 
I was able to stop at the MD Sheep and Wool Festival on the way to Baltimore and it was fabulous...much larger than I had anticipated (approx 300 vendors).



 It was a weather perfect day and the crowds were humongous! I was able to spend a little over two hours there, but only saw about half of it. Now, I am not a knitter, spinner or weaver,  but definitely appreciate what goes into those mediums. I was totally overwhelmed by the beautiful arrays of fibers, fibers and more fibers. Temptation was running amuck but I held firm, convincing myself I did NOT need another hobby!!! It was fun to just look, and not just at the wares for sale but, at all the attendees sporting lovely shawls, scarfs and caplets. A feast for the eyes!!!!

I did make  few purchases; I had told my hubby they could be my Mother's Day gifts. I got a pair of Alpaca liners for my slippers (they are already in use), a pair of "bee" related patterns, some roving for stuffing and an adorable clasp for a yet to be determined project. Here they are:





 And the best part was, due to a little miscommunication, our good friends met us there to share the experience! We watched a little black lamb judging and giggled at all the "bleating" going on. They are the cutest critters!!! And it really is amazing when you think about what can be produced from their fleece!!! Here I am with a new friend!




On the stitching front, Nova won out as my choice to work on last week. I got 1 1/2 rows added. I am still on track to get this done by the end of the year if I do one row a month--6 1/2 more to go!!!

Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi





 

2 comments:

  1. Your new friend is a cutie. It sounded like you had a good time at the Sheep and Wool Festival. Look forward to seeing your progress on Nova!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that is a different but wonderful way to spend your Mother's Day. I am glad you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete