THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Sunday, March 20, 2016

A Year in Chalk is done.........

I finished stitching the last two months this past week. I spent yesterday mounting all 12 on mat board by lacing them. Tomorrow, it's off to JoAnn's or Hobby Lobby to find some backing fabric--hopefully a wool felt. Then, I've got to put the ole brain to work ( I smell smoke already) and figure out what will work best to attach the pieces to the display so they can be changed monthly. I've read suggestions of Velcro and magnets so that's what I'll be researching at the store. These have turned out so cute, I'm going to hate to give them away!!! Maybe I'll stitch again for me at some point, though I figure I've put in about 72 hours of stitching time! So here are the final two, November and December. I'll post the finishing after I've gifted them. 




 Here is where I stand on the long Pocket class piece.


That's it for today. Hubby has a fire going and I'm getting ready to settle in to my stitching nest. We'll probably binge a few more House of Cards!

Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi

3 comments:

  1. Those really turned out nice! Love the class piece too. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! You accomplished them all. What a gift to give!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on getting the last two finished! I know Cathy of Hands On Design used Velcro and I know Priscilla used magnets and pieces of sheet metal. Looking forward to seeing the finished gift. Your class piece is looking good. Enjoy your week, Stasi!

    ReplyDelete