THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Friday, January 9, 2015

First Stitch and Finish of 2015

Eight days in and I've already got my first stitch and finish for the year--yippee!!! You all must know I love "bee"s and so do all my stitching pals. This kit was passed on to me by my friend, Syd. She had gotten it from the Prim Ladies Club from Country Sampler, and knowing how much I loved bees, asked me if I'd like it. Well YEA!!!! So, Needlewoman Bust as a Busy Bee  by The Primitive HAre came to be in my possession. Thanks again, Syd!

This was such fun to stitch-- the colors are so "ME"!  I pretty much followed the chart and did add the buttons as in the original. I also found a really cute crown charm at Hobby Lobby and added that at the bottom in the row of buttons. Now the finishing instructions.....well,  let's just say it's a good thing I've been sewing since I was 10! :) 


I also wanted to show what I've accomplished on my Samsarah calendar pieces. I've just been working on these in the car, doctor's offices, etc..  I can "see" the holes fairly easy and the size is so small, it's quite portable. I keep it all in a little project bag that I can stuff into my purse if needed.
Here is January:


And, yes, I have been working on And They Sinned.  I have almost completed another band. woo-hoo!!!



This is usually the slow time of year with our business, so I'm able to get a bit more stitching done. I love curling up in my stitching nest with a cuppa, turning on Netflix and stitching up a storm! 

I also wanted to share one of my Christmas gifts from my friend, Sally. Like I said, my buds all know I love bees! Isn't it the perfect accoutrement? Thanks, Sal!!!



Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship! Keep warm!!!

Stasi


5 comments:

  1. Stasi, what a beeutiful finish. I love what you did. Looks like you are coming along on your calendar pieces, too. I have been stuck on fourth for ages. I could blame it on the lack of car and boat trips, sound good? And the bag from Sally is perfect for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stasi... I found you again... It is Tracy From northern ky and I use to shop at Twisted Threads... Oh my it was good to see your pic and to catch up with your blog... This is an ADORABLE finish... And wow what a HUGE project you have ahead of you with And they Sinned. I can't wait to see your progress. Oh that bag is pretty cool too... I will keep up with your blog... It was again so good to find you safe, healthy, happy, and still stitching. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are one of my enablers. Love the work on And They Sinned :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun post! Love the finish...BEES!!! The calendar pages are neat too. One of the peeps, Patti, is starting ATS too. It will be fun to watch both of you progress on this one. And the bag, oh yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous finish and great progress on ATS

    ReplyDelete