THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Saturday, December 20, 2014

A few more ornaments............just in time!!!

This will be a quick post...I promise! I've finished up some more ornaments I'd like to share.

First up is this years ornament for my grandson. He is obsessed with baseball and plays catch with himself(and anybody else he can con into playing) pretty much all day long. He bounces small soft balls off his bedroom wall and dives for them on the floor. He is a "ball" of energy (pardon the pun)!!! So, I was very happy when I found this Mill Hill kit called Baseball Mitt. Luckily my favorite shop, Salty Yarns, had one in stock and sent it right to me. It is perfect!!!

Next up is an ornament for my newest great nephew. I'm going to meet him for the first time tomorrow and was clamoring to get this done in time. His family celebrates both Christmas and Hanukkah so I did a double sided ornament with Santa on one side and a menorah on the other. Santa is from an old Leisure Arts book called 250 Christmas Quickies and I found the menorah on line as a free chart by Connie G. Barwick. I stitched it on 32 count Blue Spruce linen and thought the motifs looked nice against that background color. I'm loving this mini pom-pom trim as an edging!!!


 Last but not least, are three I've done for some other grand nephews and  a grand niece. These reminded me of our recent trip to Alaska and were very cute. They are from an old Better Homes and Gardens chart called Polar Cap Stars. I added the red bells instead of the tassel shown on the chart.

fronts

backs
Well, I think I'm finished with my Christmas stitching. Now on to cookies and candies!!!

I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! May it be filled with family, friends and lots of stitching!!!

Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi





5 comments:

  1. Your ornaments are beautiful! Congratulations on more finishes. You are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on getting your ornaments stitched and finished! I really like the baseball mitt. Enjoy your time with your new family member!

    Robin in Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely ornaments! I have the best intentions but never seem to get them done in the year I start them - oh well - there's always Christmas next year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous ornaments, Stasi! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone--sorry it took so long to respond but Christmas took over and I'm just getting to sit down and check my blog. Hope all had a Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete