THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Celebrate!!!

Just a quick little post to share a recent finish. This was a car project, since it was on a large count fabric, and worked an over the last year or so. It's the 2000 LE Santa from Ewe and Eye and Friends. I was so lucky to find this for sale on the internet a few years ago, along with the companion 2000 LE Snowman kit( blog post from 9/25/12). He was stitched with Anchor floss and Gumnut wools. Luckily I didn't run out of any fibers this time around--the snowman was a different story! And that may have been because the chart says it was stitched on 18 count linen, but in fact it was 25 count!!! So, I have HUGE snowman and a "dainty" Santa. No worries...I love them both!!! I did have a time with the belt; did not like seeing the fabric "peeking" through. So I took that out and stitched a cross stitch first, then laid the Black Velvet from Rainbow Gallery over top. Definitely liked that much better. Isn't he adorable????
So with out further ado.........




 
Today I'm going to work on taking out the "buggered" stitches from the Tall Square Seasons, restitch and hopefully start the finishing process. Wish me luck!!!

Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!
Stasi

1 comment: