THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Saturday, January 28, 2023

The Weekend...Finally.......694


 So, did anyone notice I had the wrong date pictured yesterday??? Must have still been coming out of the fog of my night time cough medicine, but it has been updated! LOL

Yesterday was day 5, for me, of the recommended isolation period for Covid. I had to miss  dinner celebration for James last night...he is an official licensed driver now! I can hardly believe it. He is buying our old Subaru so we know he will have a reliable car to drive. 

I got one more side of the banding for Sailor's Valentine done.


And I worked a bit more on Winter Comes.

I can finally share the gift I had been working on for a birthday present for a friend. It is Stitching Sisters  by Chessie N Me. I stitched it on a 26 ct. mystery linen with a combo of overdyed fibers. I 'auditioned' a number of edging trims but kept coming back to 'less is more'.


There is a DVHSG zoom stitch in this morning I will attend, but don't want to chance going to the RVA Stitchers group at Panera this afternoon. It has been quite  awhile since I've been free for that group, but hopefully soon. I hope you all have a lovely weekend and can find time for your loves.

Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi

4 comments:

  1. Stitching Sisters is just gorgeous and so perfectly finished - I'm talking corners here. We are going to see our friends in Australia this year, for what will probably be our last visit, as the travel insurance is now ridiculous. I am thinking this would be perfect as one of the gifts for my friend, I shall go and find it immediately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sisters is so pretty, & I can't wait to see the Sailor's Valentine, it's an interesting piece.
    Hope you are feeling better.
    Have fun at the zoom.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my! You have a driving grandson--so exciting! (and a bit nerve-wracking, I'm sure :). Love your pretty gift for your stitching friend--I'm sure she will, too. Hope you can get out and about once again this week, Stasi ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's getting a good car for sure! If only our youngest would be interested in getting his license.
    Your band looks great, so delicate.
    Winter Comes is coming along nicely, I like it on black.
    Awe, Stitching Sister is just precious, I'm sure it will be treasured.

    ReplyDelete