THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Ship to Shore......

Hump day already and I'm ready for the weekend to get here! I'll be off to OCMD tomorrow to help cut fabric at Salty Yarns for the ladies from Camp Wannastitch. (If you'll be there, be sure to say Hi) Camp Wannastitch is an event with the Mid-Atlantic EGA and they descend upon OCMD every Martin Luther King weekend. If I remember correctly, it can be up to 175 attendees. They all stay at a hotel and stitch the weekend away, with an occasional foraging trip to Salty Yarns. My cutting fabric frees the other employees up to help with other tasks like check out and 'search and find'. I enjoy it because I get to meet a lot of nice stitchers and see what everyone is working on..... or planning to work on. 

Salty Yarns will be closing at this location after this event and begin the process of moving to their new location closer to Berlin. It will be a huge store, with a classroom on site and plenty of parking. I will miss it being directly on the boardwalk, but look forward to stitching adventures in a new venue. So, this will be a bittersweet weekend!!! Luckily, I'll be back for Super Bowl weekend and the new shop will be ready to welcome us.

On to the stitching front.....I worked a bit more on the Sailor's Valentine. I got the ship done and added the latitude and longitude for OCMD. There will be a flower on either side of the ship....then onto panel three.

 

 

Off to make lists and pack for the trip. I'll try to post while away, but somehow it never happens. Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi
 

8 comments:

  1. Stasi, I am sure it will be a bittersweet weekend with Salty Yarns closing that location. The new venue sounds wonderful however!! I hope someday to get there. Love the sailor's valentine!!
    ( I am looking forward to visiting blogs again, hoping my computer issues are finally fixed! )

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ship portion looks super, Stasi. What stitching are you going to take with you? I'm guessing the bad words stitch won't make the cut!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Sailor's Valentine is looking really awesome Stasi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun few days lie ahead, Stasi! I'm sure it will be a bit sad to say goodbye to this location as you've certainly enjoyed lots of fun retreats through the years. Thank goodness they aren't closing for good, though! Nice progress on your Sailor's Valentine piece. Hope you can squeeze in some stitching time in between cutting fabric pieces! ♥

    ReplyDelete

  5. Great progress!
    I'm sure it will be a fun weekend, even though bittersweet.
    Have fun cutting all that fabric! :)
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for OC and Salty Yarns! Too bad about them moving, I liked them being on the boardwalk. My gf and I will have to make a special trip there when they're open!

    ReplyDelete