THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Thursday, January 19, 2023

Settling Back in to a Routine..........


 Grocery shopping, laundry and unpacking are done and I managed to get some stitching in last evening. I finished up side three of the Sailor's Valentine.   

 

I did finish another sweater from Noel en Rouge on the drive home from Ocean City. I painted a snowflake red and will mount this on it...hope to show FFO tomorrow.

 

I received a few more gifts from my friends. Since my birthday falls right before Christmas, we usually wait to exchange sometime in the new year. The first photo shows them sitting on a cool travel pressing mat for finishing on the go!



Robin T. gifted me this sweet strawberry made out of Blackbird fabric..I love it!!! Thanks Robin!

 

I was prescribed some Predisone for the spider bite and was warned it could make me feel like I just drank a ton of Red Bull. It seems to have kicked in yesterday, because I am a bundle of energy and running in all directions!!! Things are getting done but five more days of it and I hope to settle down.

We are having 60+ degree weather here...so NOT January like. Somebody, please send me some snow!!!!

Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi


 

5 comments:

  1. What lovely gifts you received! I am interested in the travel press mat if you could share more details. It sounds like you are settling back into your normal routine. Well done on getting the 3rd side of the bad words piece finished! And remember me if anyone sends you snow. Okay?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated Birthday Stasi: It is snowing here we have four inches since 04:00 when I took the dogs out.
    Sailor design is lovely, I am looking forward to seeing it constructed.
    Lovely gifts the needle roll is adorable and the sweater ornament goes well with the sweater you finished which is adorable.
    The strawberry is lovely.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Valentine piece gets more interesting, can't wait to see the full piece.
    Very cute gifts.
    Geez, I hope you can sleep at night taking that drug!
    I hope it wears off soon.
    That happened to me once when I took Mucinex D, found out it has a narcotic in it! Explains why I had to sign fro it.
    I could've cleaned the whole house 10:00 at night!
    And I had to work the next day!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great being on a high, especially when you have lots to do.......not so good you had to be bitten by a spider to get it! Some beautiful gifts there, especially the needle roll! Happy Stitching! Sue
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice finishes and you received some great gifts!
    I hope your bite is a thing of the past by now, darns spiders.
    There's always February for snow? This month has been a let down for sure.

    ReplyDelete