THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Monday, January 9, 2023

An Epic Fail......


 A friend of mine had asked me a bit ago if I was interested in doing one of those temperature charts. I responded with a resounding "NO"! But then I saw one in the WRSG newsletter by Carolyn Manning that looked like  quilt. Then I saw my friends start where the daily temp posts are leaves on a tree. So..what did I do??? I got all caught up in it and spent the afternoon picking out fabric and fibers, deciding to do it over one, like my friend was, so it would be tiny. Then I spent about 3-4 hours placing some grid work and then finally adding the temp colors for the first 7 days of January. Why did I keep going when it obviously wasn't going to work??? 

“The definition of 'insanity' is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. – Albert Einstein.

I did keep thinking the colors would show up better as I added more, but NOT the case. So, I am doing something out of the ordinary for me....I am trashing it. I know I could start again on larger fabric, over two, but I just think I'm not 'loving' this enough to move forward. Maybe I'll revisit sometime in the future, but for now, I have other projects I like a whole lot better.


The really dark ones on the top row are all done in black, but the three in the middle and the first 4 on the left are with color...only that pink really shows up. 

Lesson learned...be realistic...don't jump on other peoples bandwagons..love what you stitch!!!

Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi

7 comments:

  1. I have trashed a piece before when I was not feeling it. I hope I will not be feeling your lesson later this year with my sampler stitching!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shame you didn't like your new project, but binning it was the right thing to do. Sometimes I even get to the finish line before trashing something. My latest finish which was the La-D-Da drum is soaking as we speak, the ****** red thread bled, which it did the last time I used it, so why do I never learn?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I shy away from those.
    They just seem like too much work & go on too long for me.
    But you gave it a go, & now you know you stitch what you like!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry, but I think you were wise to say no and stop. There are too many other projects out there that will bring you enjoyment. I did some one out on IG that was a Quaker temperature design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no, how frustrating! That is rather dark.
    I've seen some that have drinking glasses or wine glasses and I've been tempted!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good idea to stop before you are too far in, Stasi! I've seen those temperature charts, but never thought I'd enjoy stitching them either. Love what you stitch is a wonderful guideline to follow... There seem to be a lot of sheep these days who are stitching and finishing everything the very same way. I really admire people who stitch a variety of things--like you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no, all that work one over one, that's not good. I did a temperature tree in 2021 but have never put it in a frame. Happy Stitching! Sue
    x

    ReplyDelete