THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Thursday, January 26, 2023

A Lost Day...Then a Comeback......693


 Greetings! I'm back after a day of vegging...Tuesday I pretty much just laid on the sofa in a stupor. I hadn't been sleeping much while on the steroids for my spider bite and needed some catching up. Yesterday I was feeling much better and productive. I am excited to share the outcome of my productivity! :)

This started with a chart from Linda Duree at Stitching Treasures called Specialty Stitch Spool Wrap. I had been watching a Country Stitchers floss tube and Liz was talking about her friend, Linda, who was selling off some of her design kits. I was drawn tho this one and ordered it, along with a spool. She had done hers on a piece of linen with different colors, but I opted for banding and redwork. I used a 27 count antique white banding that fit perfectly on the spool. Here is a photo of the top of the spool; the whole thing is checkerboard like the top. Sadly, most of it is covered with the stitching.

 

The red I used was Thread Gatherer Silk ' Colors In the Burgandy. I started with the stitches in her booklet but went on to add many more. She had 38 stitches and I used about 25 of them; some weren't conducive to the banding. In the end, I documented 65 stitches....I just couldn't stop myself!!!

The bands went quickly and it was fun researching different stitch books. I added a little quote at the bottom that I wrote to end it all and a cross stitch charm. I am so tickled with how it all turned out and I hope you like it too!


 






 



There you have it!!! I did pull out a WIP and worked a bit on it last night.....Winter Comes by Heartstring Samplery.


Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi

 


9 comments:

  1. love it Stasi. . .very different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a gorgeous spool Stasi. I am amazed how quickly you get things made up, it takes me ages to even work up the enthusiasm. I did finish my La-D-Da Holly drum though, but I need a bit of nice sunshine so that I can take some snaps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The spool is gorgeous and the stitched band is very special - beautiful work!
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your banding is beautiful, & the spool is the tops!
    Hope you are feeling better.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your spool and banding sampler finish is a beauty, Stasi. Well done! Your WIP is looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such an interesting piece, Stasi--I saw new stitches on it that I've never seen before! It looks so pretty on that spool, too. Take care now--enjoy your weekend ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never realised there were so many different types of stitches!! This is just stunning and such a treasure. I especially love that charm on the bottom. Happy Stitching! Sue
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fantastic finish! Will you keep it rolled up, or display it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stasi, Your read banding sampler of stitches is great, and that spool is awesome!! Where did you find it?

    ReplyDelete