THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Friday, January 27, 2023

A Lot of Four-Sided Stitch.....


 Feeling better...thanks for all your well wishes!

Spent yesterday working on the banding for the Sailor's Valentine. I have to make an "edging" on a piece of 1/2" wide banding. I don't have any info on what was originally used but am substituting with what I had access to. I coffee stained a piece of raw/natural banding  to make it a bit more 'brown'. Then I started stitching down the edge with a double wrapped four sided stitch with a blue cross stitch in the center. I have to do this 4 times!!! I love how this looks BUT it is very tedious! I am hoping to stitch a quote down the center but am not sure it will fit......lots of figuring to do! Here is part of side 1:


I treated myself to a new book by Dawn Ronningen.....looks interesting!


And the weekend is here...my 5 days of isolation is over...though I'll still remain pretty much at home. Hope you're off to a great start on yours!

Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi


1 comment:

  1. Your book treat looks very interesting, Stasi. Your four-sided stitch looks awesome. Have a restful weekend!

    ReplyDelete