THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Monday, May 1, 2017

Stitch Strolling into May........(121)

It's May, it's May, the lusty month of May.....Oh how I loved the movie Camelot and Richard Harris. I saw it my sophomore year of high school; it was actually a school field trip. Imagine a large group of tittering teenage girls "crushing" on King Arthur and Lancelot (oh those blue eyes on Franco Nero). Thank goodness the theater was only hosting our all girls high school!

Keeping with the theme of Sirs and Ladies in Camelot, today's Stroll post is Lady Scarlett's Scissor Roll by Just Nan, stitched in 2012.








I got the 2nd week of the Blue Band Sampler SAL completed

and started a new piece, Threads that Bind by the Drawn Thread.




Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship! Have a great week! 
Stasi

9 comments:

  1. Oh! Lady Scarlett's Scissor Roll is so cute! Threads That Bind is looking very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely new start and way to go on getting the 2nd band on your iStitch SAL piece. Your scissor roll is darling; love the bunny and squirrel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Scissor Roll...so many cute motifs in one piece! And I've enjoyed all the stitching you've been showing... I am in awe of your talent and production!! Happy May !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scarlet's Scissor Roll is so sweet! And the SAL is looking lovely (and the edging on that banding your stitching it on is nice!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your start on Threads that bind, but have been unable to find it anywhere - is that the correct name of the chart?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your work on Lady Scarlet's Scissor Roll...so pretty. But I am particularly intrigued with Drawn Thread's Threads That Bind piece. I saw Amy from Thread in Hand blog working on the same piece. I tried finding this on the web and could not find it anywhere, including Drawn Thread's website. Can you tell me more about this piece and where you acquired the pattern/kit?
    HM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am such an idiot!!! I was just perusing my recent stash acquisition to pick something for a new project start and found the kit for the Threads That Bind Sewing Pocket by The Drawn Thread. I can't believe I already had this kit!!!
      For others that asked, it was a shop exclusive kit distributed by The Silver Needle as the last project from their "A Little Help From Our Friends Stitching Circle".

      Delete
    2. Thanks for posting this info. I had responded to you personally through an e-mail not realizing you were no-reply. Glad you figured it all out!

      Delete