THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Thursday, May 18, 2017

Still Stitch Strolling in May.....(138)

As promised, here is the second "oldie but goodie" bell pull. Again, it was stitched in 1984 but I don't remember the name of the chart or designer. I can picture the front of the chart, but that's about all. It looks like I split the aida threads to "lay" the bargello work and it turned out pretty darn good!!!  (Updated--after a google search, I found the chart and it's called Keepsake Samplers --- thanks Maria S of Ontario and Joanie)







Hope you are keeping cool wherever you are.....90's here today....YUCK!!!!

Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi

5 comments:

  1. This does look good Stasi. No problem staying cool here. High of 71ยบ today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous looking bell pull! Some of the older designs are true classics. I agree with you on the Yuck with the temperatures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this one. . .the colors are beautiful as is the stitching.
    Welcome to Virginia humidity!!! Yuk! is the word

    ReplyDelete
  4. I stitched this back in 1984 too, it was the 2nd piece I ever cross stitched. It's from a Leisure Arts pattern book entitled Samplers. I stitched a small band sampler from this book also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Joanie, and for the info.

      Delete