THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Sunday, May 14, 2017

Quaker Schoolgirl.......(134)

Today is Mother's Day and I am blessed to be the mother of two beautiful daughters. They are both intelligent, independent women of whom I am extremely proud. But most of all, they are caring and loving, both giving back to their communities in numerous ways. I am thankful for them every day!!!

I love this unposed photo of them!
 On to my Stroll piece....Quaker Schoolgirl Necessities by With My Needle. This was stitched in 2007. It includes a "pocket", scissor holder and needlebook.

Front

Back

Inside with Smalls
 I was thinking, while lying in bed this morning, that we stitchers are all "mothers" in a way. We give "birth" to our needlework creations and they are a true "labor" of love. So, Happy Mothers Day to all!

Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship! 

Stasi

5 comments:

  1. I love your sentiment. . .and all the stitching you're sharing. Lots of beautiful pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have every reason to be proud of your daughters!

    Lovely WMN smalls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stasi, I love your featured Quaker piece. Was it a class piece or available to the general public? What a gorgeous photo of your daughters! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Quaker piece is pretty Stasi. So are your girls. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did this one, too, Stasi. You did a beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete