THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Monday, May 8, 2017

Can't See the Forest....... (128)

I'm off this morning to the Williamsburg Pottery with my parents. They haven't seen the new and improved (?) version and we're on the hunt for some scuppernong wine they have found in the past in Williamsburg.

My Stroll piece today is Can't See the Forest, a class by Betsy Morgan taken in 2015. It's a sweet box with a drawer to hold some goodies/accessories. There are lots of critters and trees and it's GREEN (hard to tell by the photo but trust me)!!! Betsy said these were all the animals she sees when she looks out her windows; I had the same menagerie out my windows in West Virginia. The sides, top and bottom are all stitched, while the front is dupioni silk with a bead drawer pull.


Side

Side

Back

Bottom

Top
Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi

 

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet little GREEN box. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun green box! I see those same critters looking out the windows at my house. Enjoy your trip to the Pottery!

    ReplyDelete