THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Wednesday, May 17, 2017

An Oldie but Goodie......(137)

During our recent move, I uncovered a pair of old bell pulls I had made in 1984. I don't remember the names or designers, heck it's been over 30 years!!! I'll share one today of the Four Seasons and one tomorrow. Both are done on Aida (I didn't start to stitch in linen until 1995) and they're as pretty today as they were then. I have a shot of the overall piece and then a close up of each season---see I liked "bees" and "alphabets" even before I knew I did! :)  (Updated--after a google search, I found the chart and it's called Keepsake Samplers --- thanks Maria S of Ontario and Joanie)

A little side bar....I stitched these when I lived in Bethlehem, PA. I lived there from 1983-1990 and never had a stitching buddy. Now granted, my girls were school age then and time for needlework was sparce. The irony is I  now have a number of ladies I've become friends with, via Salty Yarns, that are from the Bethlehem/Allentown area. It turns out we all even shopped at the same store, Stitch n Count. Heck, one of them even lived down the street from me but wasn't stitching at the time. I am so blessed to know them now, but oh do I wish I had known them then!







I have always loved the idea of a sleeping porch where you could have "beds" that fold up against the wall and drop down when needed.  In lieu of that, we have a queen sized air mattress---you've come a long way baby!!! We've blown that up (via an electrical outlet) the last couple nights and slept on our recently screened in porch. I'm not sure how long we'll keep it up as it gets hot and humid, but that air mattress is comfy!!! I guess this is our version of "glamping"!!!




 Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi

2 comments:

  1. What a view from your porch and what a great way to wake up! I love your glamping idea. Your bell pull is classic, Stasi. How cool that you have met stitchers from the area you used to live in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What sweet seasons. Isn't that something? Friends right there, and you never knew it.

    ReplyDelete