THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Poke the Needle (144)

Todays Stroll piece is Queen Bee Needle Poke by Notforgotten Farm. This was a club piece from Lori's Little Stitches Handwork Club in 2016. I am not a member but luckily found the complete kit on the second hand market...and boy was I happy!!! You know I love me some bees!!!!

After seeing Patti's completed piece on her blog, Winding Vine Wanderings ,
I changed things up  bit. I stitched the bee in DMC 3371, instead of the rust color, and added an entry to the hive. I also added a pocket on the back to hold a pair of scissors, since I had plenty of the wool fabric, and attached three brass bees.




 So, Monday I was stalking the mail man all afternoon. I knew I should be getting a special kit from Elegant Stitch but when I went to get the mail, after I saw him drive by, it wasn't there. 😞 (I'm told that's a disappointed face emoji)  When my hubby went to lock up that night, thankfully, he noticed a box on the front porch. (It rained off and on all night and I hate to think what might have become of the box!) I am so tickled with what was inside--it's a collaboration kit from Elegant Stitch and Hands on Design. I had noticed a post on FB by Cathy from HOD about this new kit she had designed for Lois. Well, after watching the 30 minute floss tube video and hearing the kit was limited, I immediately called Lois and managed to snag one. The piece is called My Stitcher's Heart and comes with a papier mache box (which we will decorate), a scissor fob, pincushion and waxer bag (key waxer included).

So the plain box will go, unbelievably, from this




to this.....




Here are the other projects that came with the kit.




And the stitching and finishing supplies.



 Definitely the whole package!!!! I can't wait to get started.....can you tell I'm excited??? But, realistically, I am going to hold off...too many irons in the fire!!!


 Sorry if I rambled too much--thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi

8 comments:

  1. ooOoo! Love the colors in the Queen Bee Needle Poke. My Stitcher's Heart is awesome! I love Cathy's Designs. I have stitched quite a few of hers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stasi, the Queen Bee Needle Poke is darling and I love your change in bee color and the hive entrance. Your newest kit from HOD and Elegant Stitch looks great. I have been seeing it around the 'net.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new kit sounds like so much fun! And I love the Queen Bee Needle Poke--what a perfect piece for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What exciting mail! Love all your stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Stasi...oh what wonderful projects you are working on. I love the Queen Bee Needle Poke and the new design you were lucky to get. Great projects! Thank you for stopping by our blog today. It is so nice to get new visitors. I just signed up to follow you and will add you to our blog roll. Happy stitching! RJ @stitchingfriendsforever2

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Stasi...oh what wonderful projects you are working on. I love the Queen Bee Needle Poke and the new design you were lucky to get. Great projects! Thank you for stopping by our blog today. It is so nice to get new visitors. I just signed up to follow you and will add you to our blog roll. Happy stitching! RJ @stitchingfriendsforever2

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE that Queen Bee Needle Poke... and your additions really enhanced this piece. Oh I can see what you are enthused over that new kit... it is really pretty... can't wait to see it all stitched up... I know you'll have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Stasi, Oh, I can't wait to see the my stitcher heart completed, what a fun and useful project. One day I'll get brave and finish a box like that, the needle poke is adorable too and you did a great job adapting it. Mary@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete