THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Friday, June 16, 2023

The Generosity of Stitchers.....


 Greetings fellow stitchers! Have you ever experienced an act of generosity from a fellow needler? I have on numerous occasions and I will share a recent kindness further down.

First I wanted to show the finish of the front of One Nation.    I mentioned in my last post that I couldn't wait to move on to the middle section. But, "this program has been interrupted to bring you" ..... Good Things!

A friend of mine has been looking for a certain OOP chart by Birds of a Feather, Good Things, for years. I have been on the lookout for her and I saw one come up for sale recently on FB. But, it had already sold! In the meantime, I realized that chart would be the perfect birth sampler for Jax. His Dad is a big fisherman and I could add Jax's info in place of the mermaid. The clincher was the saying at the bottom......."good things come to those who wait". Again, perfect for my daughter and SIL who waited so long for this sweet boy to come into their, and our, lives.  

So, I posted on a few of the ISO boards on FB with fingers crossed. I got  a response from a woman who said she had stitched it and thought she still had it. She did!!! I offered to buy it; I know it is very hard to find and could sell for big bucks. But she insisted on gifting it to me. What a lovely person!!! So long and short, I have started the piece so I can quickly stitch it and pass it on to my friend, who is tickled I found it and not in any hurry. The kindness of stitchers fills me with joy, especially with all the unkindness in the world today. Wouldn't it be nice to live in a bubble of fellow minded stitchers and their families?

Here is my tiny start:

 

It uses 21 different GAST colors and I had every one!!!  GAST are my favorite overdyes!!!  I'm doing it on a  40 ct fabric from Victorian Motto Shop called Antique Sampler. 

Hoping you have a wonderful weekend and perhaps find your unicorn! Don't give up hope! Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi
 


6 comments:

  1. Your front of One Nation is a beauty, Stasi. How wonderful of this stitcher to gift you this BOAF chart! I think the country and world could benefit from the kindnesses shown through the stitching community. What a perfect birth sampler for Jax. Have a fabulous Friday and weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a joyful end to your search. We can arrange that "bubble" by turning off the negative stuff and nonsense, gather all the kindred souls to our circle and
    support those who are fighting the good fight with us. A good start.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One Nation is so pretty.
    That is going to be a very cute Birth Sampler, glad you found your Unicorn.
    I want to be in that Bubble!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love One Nation. Now that is going to be very cute. What a generous gift!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a generous fellow stitcher, Stasi. I've never seen this design before and can't wait to see it all finished up for your sweet Jax! It will be so perfect for him and his parents! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your finish of 'One Nation' Stasi, it's beautiful. And well done on finding your other chart. Stitchers' are definitely a generous group, who just love to share. Happy Stitching! Sue
    x

    ReplyDelete