THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Thursday, June 22, 2023

An Unintended New Start.....


 I was listening to my friend Lisa's floss tube yesterday and she mentioned a new start for the solstice. I didn't know that was a thing, but liked the idea of starting and working on  a summery piece. This has been on my radar for almost three years and holds a special place in my heart. It was a class the year of the 2020 Jamboree at Salty Yarns. We were able to attend by zoom and have the kits mailed to us. The project is called Boardwalk Revue by Erica Michaels and features the Lankford Hotel on a needlework pocket to store your tools. This then fits in a wooden box and there is also a strawberry. I got the roof and part of the upper porch down last evening.

 

 I did change out the fabric. The included fabric with the kit was the old base WDW Parchment and was very flimsy. I had some Country Mocha Belfast in my stash and I'm liking it much better. I have some plans for the backside of the hotel design as the original is a large "open" space. I'll be sharing that as I progress and work things out.   Boardwalk Revue   is available now as a chart.

I also did some work on the baby's birth sampler. He's caught some more fish and a crab now!

I had mentioned my friend Lisa's floss tube above. She just started doing them and only has two out so far. If you get  a chance, check her out.....she does beautiful work and offers some great hints. Her channel is Lady Huzzah Presents.

Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi

6 comments:

  1. Oh, that birth sampler is looking cuter and cuter--love the crab! And your new start looks very pretty, too, Stasi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new start is a great design.
    Great progress on the Birth Sampler.
    Marily

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jax's birth sampler is looking fantastic, Stasi. You have made a good start on the beachy piece. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Your New Start....this is going to be so pretty...

    Love Your Birth Sampler...the colors are so pretty as well as the Fabric.

    Take Care & Happy Stitching - Linda K

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've certainly made a good progress on your new start, it's going to be so pretty and you can't have much further to go on the birth sampler. Happy Stitching! Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Greetings Stasi: Erica Michaels has so many lovely design out, I reallylike this design.
    The baby birth Sampler is adorable.
    Have a great week.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete