THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Tuesday, June 27, 2023

A Grand getaway......709



 We had a little weekend getaway to NC to see the grandbaby...though he's really not a baby anymore....and his parents, of course. We had a lovely time just hanging out and relaxing. We did hit two crafty pop-ups on Saturday and babysat Sunday evening. These new play pens are crazy big!!! LOL

 

 I was able to get some stitching done on the way down and back. Some more of the motifs from Beach Please  by Hands on Design and  a few of the "words" that Vickie from Needlework Press is posting weekly on FB.


 

I worked a bit last night on Boardwalk Revue by Erica Michaels. I'm almost finished with all the white work.


Finally, now that my recipient has received her gift, I can share the finish. Here is Red Peacock Hornbook
by The Stitching Parlor. This was a mini kit that came with the wool pieces and papercraft. I can't recall if the hornbook was included, but think it was due to the price. I stitched it on 32 ct White Chocolate linen with DMC 221. I liked it so much I'm going to do it again for me...and I rarely stitch anything twice!




 That's it for today folks! Hope you have a great week and thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi



 

3 comments:

  1. That playpen is so cool!
    Great progress on your stitching.
    Love the Hornbook piece.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pleased you had a lovely weekend Stasi, although by the looks of things you must have needed another rest when you got home again!. At least you got a lot of stitching done. Every time I see your progress on Boardwalk Review, it reminds my of the Hotel del Coronado, in San Diego, somewhere I would have loved to have stayed!. I really love the Hornbook too, it's so pretty. Happy Stitching! Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would call that a play yard. So cool! And Jax is such a cutie. Well done on your perforated paper stitchings, Stasi! Your set by The Stitching Parlor looks fabulous. Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete